Friday, June 6, 2008

Second Grade Musical--"Stone Soup"!

Ellie was a cute little old lady in their school play. They'd sing "We're gonna have Stone Soup", and she and the other old people would hold up their earphones and say, "What kind of soup?" It was fun. She is a great kid. I'm starting to have real conversations with her-- the kind when we are both thinking and reasoning-- so that is a new development in parenthood-- and she even makes up jokes now that are pretty funny-- She surprised me the other day when she came home and said, "Mom, I need to do some research on magnetism." She got online and looked up Wikipedia and read about magnets. I think my kids will pass me up in computer knowledge at about the 5th grade level. Anyway, Ellie is a sweet big sister. The other day she got up with Nathan at 5:30 when he wasn't feeling well and got a glass of water for him. She brought him in to us and went back to bed. She has one more day of the Second Grade left, and then it's summer! She'll sing the High School Musical song about summer. Speaking of songs, (and I know this post is getting long) I have to write about something she did a few months ago. She dressed up and stacked up the couch cushions up on the couch. Then she stood on them and had Saxton and Brinley stand on either side. She told them to sing "doo wah doo wah.....doo wah doo wah....." and then she started into her song (she had taped the lyrics in front of her on the chandelier). "I'll do anything you want me to, oh yeah... I'll do anything you want me to oh yeah... I'll do the dishes, I'll fold the laundry, I'll vacuum the floor.....Thank you very much" (Elvis style there) It was quite hilarious. Hmmm now if she really always felt that way about housework.... I love my girl.

2 comments:

rachel said...

adorable....she sounds like the perfect oldest sibling and helper to you!

Sonja Hurley said...

Loved the costume, Ellie! Awesome! Saw the pool on the KOA site. Is it warm enough to get wet yet? Jealous! We wanted to go to the beach and couldn't because of a heat advisory. Bummer! Ellie's right: summer is coming!!!