Thursday, June 12, 2008

Brinley gets our first broken bone...


I could have guaranteed four years ago that she'd be the girl to break something. Bless her heart, she just gets going sometimes without looking or thinking about what she's doing. I feel terrible. She fell in our playground-- she was walking backwards and fell into this tunnel thing. Fortunately it is a minor fracture (a wrinkle fracture--her little wrist bone has a "wrinkle" in it that is horizontal to the length of the bone.), and she'll have her cast off in 4 weeks. She is allowed to play at the water park, but not to get it too wet! She's been brave through the whole thing.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Oh, that's kinda scary! I hope Hazel doesn't do any real damage with all of her walking into walls and such.

At least she didn't look too sad, I just love all your kids with their big, wide, beautiful smiles! Just like yours.

And I have to tell you that I read this post this morning and was inspired to do the little twisty hair-do for Hazel today. :)

And congrats on your anniversary!! I love happy couples.

Unknown said...

Poor Brinley. She is a trooper though with her contagious smile:) I can't believe how grown up all of your kiddo's look. Adrienne and I were chatting the other day about how much Vaylan has changed too and all of the personality he has gained. They grow so quickly. I loved your blog about the more grown-up conversations you are having with Ellie. Cute, cute.