Monday, September 6, 2010

Around the World in a Minute....



Brinley's 2nd Grade performance
Grandma Unsworth came for Grandparents day
Grandma Sue too...
And Great Grandma Wee Wee!
Ellie in the dinosaur mural we made for an animal play...
Brinley in another part of the dinosaur
Saxton
Trae my nephew as a caveman
Grandma Gay
Brin the Kangaroo!
Our gorgeous Quincie at Jr. Miss...
Saxton with her "glass slipper"
Aww.
Best part of the night!
Cory brought her roses....
With her cute sisters...guess which one is her mom!
She had the best crowd!
This is the girl I mentored.
I lost a tooth!
Getting ready for the dance recital!
Fun times with cousins!
Taking down decorations is fun after it's all over!
Cute little performers!
Nathan turned 4 and got a Big Wheel...
Saxton played T ball
That little girl is doing just what I used to do on the ball field..
The youth came and taste tested our pizza...
they were honestly a lot of help!
and fun!
We paid a lot of money for these guys to install a new big electrical line!
Chainsaw for Fathers Day
Making leis for Luau Weekend
Our Sierra is so limber!
A hike up Centennial trail
A visit from our cousins from Japan
Fun little train ride at the fair
The dress-up ring leader
So many faux pas going on here...
A determined leprechaun?
Our real "Mr. Potato Head" contest
And our winner is!
Launching potatoes into the river...
Or just eating them raw, whatever you prefer.
Of course potato sack races!

Ellie was a the cutest one in this version of "The Tortoise VS. the Hare"


Support from Brothers
The cast
pony rides at our friends' house.  Saxton was scared....
Nathan was thrilled...
Ellie was nervous...
This is Saxton's best friend Charlee.
Some poster children for one of our lodges
Geocaching with cute Auntie Tricia
Lots of various cousins at the Richey Reunion
Close Cousins
I love my adventure girl.
And my grasshopper finding boy.
This was the week when Nathan officially became fearless of the water, thanks to his dad.
This is Cory's cousin Kenny, who is a little kid in a big guy's body.  Lot's of fun to be with, especially on his first visit to Lagoon!
Don't you think pictures on a carousel are so very cute?  He was glad he got the frog...
Cousin Abraham
Sweet and fun Grandma Wee Wee
The fountain at Lagoon.  This is the very spot where Nathan decided to urinate while I was visiting with my mother in law for a few seconds.  I looked up and discovered the horrifying scene and wished I had acted like I had no idea whose child that was :)
I love him a lot.
Water balloons AND the Lake!  It doesn't get any better...
My dear Grandpa Jolley came to visit all of us at Bear Lake.  He's a champ.  This probably wasn't the best pic.  To post...
Pappa Joe's new dune buggy takes us on fun rides!
No Words for this one...
They make up the best fun!
Going to a dance...
Playing doctor!  A very concerned hospital staff surrounds the patient.
She looks miserable.
Our helpers for the "Princess Tea Party"
Having tea and crackers...
With princess Sierra
A random cute camper
They played pin the kiss on the frog...
And made crowns.  Note to self:  This was messy due to the little tiny papers that they peeled off of the stick on jewels...
Ellie was surprised on her birthday...
We redecorated her room :)
New bedspread and paint...
New curtains
Old(er) quilts I had made with Grandma Jolley, repurposed into closet curtains
New chair with a pillow Grandma made and book from cousins...
It was really fun to do this for her!  It feels a lot better in there now-- it was quite the hodge podge before!
We had a boiling pot for dinner... yummm
Someone found the camera...
This is my really cute son.
Huckleberry picking with my sweet young women just after I was released as being their teacher :(
A good huckleberry picker always comes out with a purple bum...
I have been called to serve as our ward Primary President and this is the picture for our first monthly newsletter....
And this is my wise and level headed 1st Counselor Vanessa Harris
And this is my fun and talented 2nd counselor Kim Waite
And this is my on-the-ball and organized secretary Roxanne Symons
Nathan gave Ellie these bracelets.
We did science experiments on the campground...
If you drop a drop of food coloring in milk, and then drop some dish soap next to that drop, something cool happens!  Whole milk works best.  The soap repels the fat right around it, causing the colors to move with it.  Fun. 
A camper who made a really cool shirt.
The V.
The X.
The vertical Stripe.
The one of a kind masterpiece, thanks to Ellie's help.
The children were doing tricks on the bean bag.  The coolness of the trick determined what color of sticker the others put on their face.  The boys were abundantly rewarded.


Then Ellie came up with this number...   Every once in a while her inner creative self must be made manifest in displays such as these!

Here she is.... writing thank you notes...in style.



I am tired.  It has been a wonderful summer.  I am now ready for our peaceful Fall.  

P.S. we are having a baby boy in January.  He is moving allllll the time.

2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

Wow! What a great summer! I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting. Congrats on another little boy...how exciting!

manda sue said...

What wonderful pictures...and I love reading your thoughts about raspberry picking and about your family. I feel famous to have my cornbread posted:) Ellie's room is darling! You are full of creative ideas. Love always.