Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quilting with Grandma


When I was in the 5th grade, Grandma Jolley introduced me to quilting. After school, I would walk to her house, and we would make a square. She taught me a method that involved cutting out a square piece of newspaper, and then sewing strips to each other right on the square, and ironing them out. After we made the squares, she put them all together and tied it and bound it for me. Since then, the quilt has been used for each baby to play on as well as a decoration, and I think of her when I see it.
"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure".
This is just one memory of my wonderful grandma. She always wore a smile and she always made you feel like being with you was the most important thing she could be doing at the moment. How I miss her!

No comments: