Monday, February 24, 2014

The Hustle....

I substituted for my mom today, who is a dance teacher.  So, for several hours I saw myself, in spandex, in front of some big mirrors.  The whole time I was dancing in front of all these cute little girls, I thought, "my bum is totally jiggling right now.  gross.  my mom's bum does not jiggle.  it is made of steel."  Talk about a wake up call.   I feel so fat.  Time to call the carbohydrate police because that is so much my weakness right now.

But I digress...

Family Home Evening was fun and fast.  

Brinley gave a lesson on bullying.  She used this article from our church children's magazine, The Friend:

April 2012 Friend

So one example she gave of bullying was rolling your eyes and laughing at someone.  Nathan proceeded to act that out, only he did it in such a dramatic way that it made us all laugh.  Then we laughed at how we were "bullying" Nathan for the way he was acting out bullying.  Oh funny.

A great scripture in this article was Mosiah 2:17, which reads:
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

For an activity, we stood in a circle and danced to Disco music, one of the songs being "The Hustle", which is from my birth year, 1975.  Woot Woot!   We each came up with 8 counts of music and put it all together.
I chose a super fast activity because we needed to get to bed!

And our treat was one of my favorite cookies ever!


 Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. mashed bananas (3 medium)
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 3/4 c. sifted flour
1 3/4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

Mix together and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Makes 2 dozen.  These are so soft and yummy.




 Aw, man.  They are FULL of carbohydrates.

2 comments:

Adam and Debbie said...

I love your blog. And your bum does not jiggle! Those cookies look yummy, I think I may copy that recipe. What a wonderful family you have.

Becca said...

I love it when my friends are friends, and Tiffany and Debbie--you guys are my favorites! Bananas have the GOOD carbohydrates, right?

Cute FHE, but even cuter kids! You are definitely building souls.