Monday, February 3, 2014

Levi is three!

Little Boys of Three
Look tenderly on little boys of three,
Their softness is as fleeting as a flower.
The cheeks like petals such a little hour,
The deepest dimple theirs so transiently;
Even tomorrow softness may be hard.
The little cotton cushions on the knees
turned into bony knobs for climbing trees.
The fists so like a rose grow lean and scarred.
His full moon cheeks will narrow to a line,
the silken hair becomes a brush of bristle,
As Mother's little flower turns to thistle,
And there will linger not one little sign
To prove the cuddly cupid that was he.
Look tenderly on little boys of three.
 


Does a face get any more cherubic than this?  Not possible.  Oh how I love my little angel...



  Here he is with some sweets and treats from his Grandma Gay...
Showing me his many faces...






 Wearing the Birthday Cape!  At Grandma Sue's...
 Helping me make his cake... (he is always with me, so I couldn't really surprise him.  So I involved him and he loved it)
 Isn't that the sweetest profile ever?  I need to make a silhouette.


 Sister making crayon toppers for him...oooh she is so cute, too!
 I asked his sibs to each spend 1/2 hour with him, instead of buying him presents.  He felt really special.


 We had "circles" all day... pancakes, lunch meat, burned pizza,
 Bucket o' Salad (my latest and greatest health invention.... which I try to keep stocked....)

 And the Circle Cake he requested (easier than a dinosaur or train.. thank you, baby!)


 What a cute cowboy.



In many ways, this little guy has been my saving grace as I have had some rough days.  I treasure him.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh, that poem is a delight. And I am totally copying your idea of giving time instead of gifts for Calvin's third birthday. He really is a beautiful boy--I'm glad you have him, Tiffany!