Saturday, February 15, 2014

Roots Tech

I had such an awesome experience this month!  I was able to attend RootsTech, a conference on Family History and the great technology that is being developed in that area.  
I went with my cute mother in law:



 We had so much fun!  We cried quite a bit, actually, as we attended classes about finding our ancestors.  Such a great Spirit attended the event!
Here a presenter, Todd Hansen, is talking about his TV show, The Story Trek. He randomly picks places and homes to visit and finds out the story of anyone willing to talk to him.  He asserts that EVERYONE has a story.  Good stuff.
 And here is sweet Stephanie Nielsen.  She is actually one of the main reasons I decided to attend this conference.  Her blog and her book have been such an inspiration to me.  I loved her presentation and wept as I felt her heartfelt words.
 Here are some cute people dressed up like our ancestors, encouraging us to get to work!

 I thought this song was funny, set to this tune: In Our Lovely Deseret
 My girls joined us for part of the time, when the youth had all kinds of things to do...

 Like listen to John Bytheway...
 And meet the full cast of Studio C!  (These girls were beside themselves.  We were SUCH groupies!)  Of course when it came time to meet them (after waiting in a long serpentine line), I couldn't find my payment method to buy t shirts, and I scrambled through all my bags while everyone was waiting.  So embarrassing.  After that my pic's of them were not that great.  But they are sweet kids!  We love watching them online.







I can NOT figure out how to rotate pictures.


 And here we are with a pirate, encouraging us to "tell the tale of dead men" by indexing their obituaries!
And here is a little cute video on why indexing is vital.

I feel so fortunate to have attended!


AND I had room service for the first time ever, in my life!  This salad had fire roasted salmon, avocado, Granny Smith apples, and celery.  A pretty combination of all things light green.  Yummy green dressing, too!
AND a foreign waiter delivered it!  Something about an accent makes an experience so chic.


1 comment:

Becca said...

I know this is going to make me sound very shallow . . . but Studio C pushed my feelings from "That sounds neat" to "WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ME ALONG?!" Haha! All of your pictures are hilarious and I love that you scrounged around in your bag. A reminder to all women to periodically clean out their purses fromt ime to time.