Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A project which I"m glad is done...

When we lived in Montana, I bought 8 fifty pound bags of wheat.  We brought them all with us and have put them in our pantry and our extra freezer.  They have taken up so much space in our little house!
So, I found out about this trailer that travels through our Stake which has equipment in it to dry pack your own stuff.  You can bring your own #10 cans to refill, or they have lots of them from the local schools. 
Cory and Nathan and I went today and canned all of this wheat, and it was pretty cool.
First, you reflange the top of your can with one machine, then you fill it and put an oxygen absorber packet in, then you put the lid on with another machine, then you label (that was Nathan's job-- to put the stickers on).
So now most of this wheat is in the shed and not all over my house, and I'm really glad about that....
I wish I would have taken pictures-- I might go out later to the nice lady's house who helped us and take some.  I'm grateful our Stake has such a cool resource.

No comments: