Tuesday, February 16, 2010

She's....almost....8!

 

Brinley had her baptism interview tonight.
I was able to sit in on it with her and smile as the bishop asked her questions and she acted like she had no idea what he was talking about. 
No, just kidding.  She did know a few things, like
she'll be baptized by IMMERSION
and
recieve the GIFT of the HOLY GHOST.

But we needed to go over things like
the COVENANTS she was going to make
and WHO was going to baptize her 
and WHY Jesus was baptized, etc.

I thought we had taught her all this, but hmmm.
When the Bishop asked her who taught her the things she knew, 
she said Aunt Amanda did.

Okay, back to the drawing board.

Actually, she is a very bright girl and is excited for her baptism.  She will be baptized right on the day she turns eight, within the hour exactly of her birth!  

I'm so excited! 

And sad.

I don't want her to grow up and be accountable and stuff.

I love my little Brinley girl.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Ha ha! Kids are funny.

Kayli said...

and p.s. I wanted to tell you that tonight we had a FHE lesson on covenants, and we will be having many MORE lessons on covenants from now until July, when Jethro turns 8! ;)